Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today Benji turns 27. I can't believe we are moving closer and closer to 30. Wow! Benji will spend the morning in classes and then he has the rest of the day off. Then night we are going to hang out with our community group from church. I've been trying to get Caroline excited about his birthday. I'm sure she won't object to singing the 'Happy Birthday' song a couple of times. Happy Birthday Benji!!!!! We love you!!



Today Gracie would have been 1 month old. I keep imagining what life might be like if she were here(a little less painful I presume). There's not a whole lot to say except.... I so desperately miss her.....

10 comments:

laurie said...

Happy Birthday Benji! We are SO thankful for you and your family's legacy. I'm sure today is a hard day, but I hope you will enjoy the girls you have with you. We love you!!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you. I am so so sorry for the pain of this journey.

Ginny said...

Happy birthday Benji! I was thinking of the Bakers because of the birthdays this time of year, Kevin's was yesterday! Hope we can talk soon sweet friend. I know you're missing sweet Gracie, my heart truly breaks for you. I love you.

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday Benji!


And I'm praying for you as you miss your baby :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Baker Family,
We are still praying daily for all your needs to be met as the Lord uses the hands and feet of His body to love and comfort you.
Hope this birthday is sprinkled with smiles and birthday cake and drenched in love!

Praying without ceasing : ~)
The Bonds

Laurie in Ca. said...

My prayers continue for you and my heart breaks for you missing Gracie. I can't imagine the pain but I ask the Lord to wrap His loving arms around you each and every day, drawing you close together in Him. Happy Birthday Benji, my birthday was yesterday, the 6th. I hope your weekend is a peaceful and wonderful one, full of blessings.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

laurie said...

Happy Birthday today, Rebekah!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to BOTH of you! Don't worry about 30 . . . Kirk and I both reached that last year, and we made it fine (at least we think so ;)). Love and hugs to you all . . . Carrie Beth

Laurie in Ca. said...

Just stopping by this morning to let you know I am praying for you guys. Asking God to get you through one day at a time and moment by moment.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Misty Greer said...

Thank-you for your openness about Gracie. My sister just lost her baby to Trisomy-13 on April 2nd. Her funeral was Monday. (She carried to 21 weeks) I'm going to share your blog with her as she begins her healing process...may God bless your ministry through this.
Love, Misty
(Friends of Chad and Julie Reeser)