Monday, January 18, 2010

My sister and a sweet friend, Connie, had a going away party for us. Not all our friends were able to come but these are some of the one's that we were able to visit with before we moved.
Us and the Jones's
Us and the Larson's

Us and the May's

Our precious little one's

My amazing sister

Some of our friends from High School @ Christmas brunch

My Momma Butler.....who Anna Laura got her name from

Christmas fun

We are no longer Texans. Leaving Dallas was a lot harder then I thought it would be when we moved there almost 4 years ago. My sister and her family and our friends were obviously the hardest to leave, but Benji and I also grew to love the city itself. I love that our neighborhood had three parks within walking distance. We would take daily walks and stop and play. We would go to story time on Tuesday's and listen to Ms. Carol read exciting books. When it was warm we would frequently visit the sprinkler parks and picnic with John Randall or other friends. And of course, we spent many many days at the Arboretum enjoying the beautiful scenery and all the other fun things they had to offer for children. I will miss our home eventhough it was small and the kitchen had no dishwasher. It was perfect for us and a perfect home for starting our family. I will miss all our friends, their sweet children, and our playdates with them. And obviously it goes without saying that I will miss my sister so much. The Lord knitted our hearts together over the 3 years that we were there and she is truely my best friend. We went through so many first together and I am wondering what all the new first will feel like without her.

Since we have left TX we are currently in transient living. We have temporarliy set up shop in Jackson and we are in the very beginning phases of house hunting. We are looking to make the move to Murfreesboro very soon so we can get setteled before Anna Laura comes. Benji is working hard on raising support for his ministry to youth and we have been so blessed with the people who have committed to supporting our ministry. The Lord has been so faithful to provide thus far and we are trusting that He will provide the rest of what we need.

I guess I haven't officially announced(except a few sentences ago) that we are going to name our little girl Anna Laura. We are naming her after my father's mother, my sweet and amazing Momma Butler. And yes everyone you will have to call her Anna Laura...both names!! :)

Caroline throughly enjoyed Christmas this year. She would open up a present and say, "I want another present." How do you make a 2 year old grateful? Anyways, she loved Christmas this year and we loved watching her take in all the excitement and we especially loved sharing with her the story of Jesus' birth and how it was all a part of God's redemptive plan because of his great love for her.

















1 comments:

Daniel said...

Hey Benji Can you start getting on facebook? And do you live in a rural area? or city?