Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun in the Sun ( Well, mostly the shade!)


WOW! It has been a while since I posted and so much has happened. As you can see, Caroline has grown tremendously. We went to the doctor for her 4 month check up and she was a whopping 13 lbs. 11 oz. She also got her vaccinations but she handled them much better this time. Last time they did her in for about a week, but this time she took like a champ.

Since the last post, Caroline has rolled over from back to front and is now flipping from her front to her back. We will put her in her crib on her stomach and we'll go check on her and she'll be on her back. I can sum it up in to three words...She is busy!! She is also talking like crazy. She squeals and screams and talks to herself all the time. She is still not sleeping through the night. This is beginning to become a nuisance so we have started rice cereal to see if that will help. I was really surprised how well she took it so we are going to keep on trying it to see if it will help.
Caroline got in the pool for the first time this weekend. We had a barbecue with our small group and we all went swimming. Caroline really enjoyed it but she didn't want to stay in too long. The pool was refreshing since its been like 103 everyday here!

We had such a blast with Dee Dee, Papa Rex, and Nonnie in town. It is always great to have the grandparents visit. I'm just sad to see them go. You guys were a tremendous help and a blessing to us and Caroline. Thanks for making the trek to Texas!!

The school year is starting up for Benji and me. If I could use one word to describe God during this season of life it would be Provider. He has been so gracious to us by providing a job for me and arrangements for Caroline when I am at work. Since I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays Jada is going to watch her on Tuesday mornings and then Benji will get to watch her Tuesday afternoons and all day on Thursday. I am so glad that Caroline will get to be with family while I'm at work and not in a daycare with strangers. So, praise be to God for his provisions!!!!
There are more pictures in the photo album of Caroline. Take a look! I hope all is well with everyone.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness...I have been dying for this and it was so worth the wait!!! She is getting sooo big and sooo incredibly more beautiful every time I see new pics of her! How 'bout that head of hair...are you guys giving her Rogaine again?:):) Love you all and am praising God for His mighty hand of PROVISION! Give that girl kisses from her Aunt Karen!

Jada Scruggs said...

we love our sweet Caroline and can't wait to see her again soon!

jada and chad

Anonymous said...

I love the updates. Just becuase I'm bad at keeping in touch, don't think that I'm not checking up on you guys down there in the Big D. She is precious and I miss you all more than words can express. Love ya and miss ya! - KT F