Friday, September 7, 2007

Sweet Caroline










It has been a busy August here at the Baker house hold. School has started for both Benji and me which has stretched our time just a little bit, but I think we are starting to get into the swing of things.



We are just having such a ball with Caroline. She is growing so much each day. Not just in size but also in her capabilities. She can sit on her own for short amounts of time without support. She is reaching for toys and is rolling all over the place. It is so fun to watch her explore. I can only imagine that the fun is just beginning. One of the funniest things she is doing now is drinking from a cup. I kept noticing that every time I went to take a drink, especially when I was holding her, that she kept reaching out with both hands for the cup. So, I started putting the cup up to her mouth just to let her see what it felt like. Then, I started slowing tilting the cup so water would touch her mouth. Then one day, when I was doing this, I heard a big gulp!!! Sure enough she had taken a sip of the water. It was soo funny!! So every now and then I let her drink a little bit from my water bottle. Sometimes I think she thinks she is older than she really is. ( I just hope that isn't a glimps of whats to come!)



Over the past couple of weekends we've had visits from Uncle Daniel, Papa Rex, and Nonnie. It was fun to have them all here. Thanks for making such a long drive and for keeping me company. This past weekend Benji went on a retreat with the youth from our church. He was the guest speaker and enjoyed teaching. They went to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico and there are pictures in the photo album. They are amazing!



There are also more pictures of Caroline in the photo album. I hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! Now I can stop bugging you...can't wait to catch up this weekend! I'm sure you hear it all the time, but I cannot get over how big she is and the hair...HELLO!!!! No guessing where that gene came from:) She is more beautiful than ever...Caroline is pretty cute too! Haha!! Seriously, Bek you look amazing, I can tell that you are really enjoying this season of life! Love you!

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures!! The ones with Tootie are priceless! It looks like they have become buds. Thanks for sharing. It always makes me smile when I click on ya'll's blogs. :) Love you!!!