
Things have been a little busy here at the Baker household. I started school at the beginning of August even though the kiddos didn't come until last week. Benji's school started this week so we've spent all the time in between chasing little Caroline around.She is so fun right now. She is all over the place. I like to think of her as an explorer. She doesn't play with any of her toys, however, she roams the house and plays with random things such as a dryer sheet or a tube of chapstick. This is somewhat tiring for me but I hope it is just a phase. She does seem to enjoy reading theses days. I took her to the library the other day and we checked out some books. She loved pulling the books off the shelf so our visit was very short. She isn't talking a whole lot. She'll say mama, dada, ball, and milk. Even though she doesn't say a lot she understands a ton. She'll go get her shoes out of her room when I ask her to. She knows how to throw things away in the trash can and she even helps us load the dryer and fold clothes. She likes picking out her own clothes. We'll go to the closet and she will point to the outfit that she wants to wear. I think I'm in trouble!!! She amazes me everyday by what she does. She is truely a joy.
This past weekend Benji and I traveled to Tn for a funeral. Hayden was in Benji's small group and he was killed in a car accident last week. It was a hard weekend to walk through but we felt so incredibly encouraged being around those youth. It is so amazing to see the work that God has done in their life since we've moved and a big piece of my heart longs to be back with them. Please pray for Hayden's family and youth as they greive and for all the youth leaders who will be there to help these youth walk through this tradegy.

While we were in Tn last weekend our dear, sweet friends, the Kramer's, welcomed their little baby boy into the world. He is so handsome and we were thrilled to be there to meet him. It was a small(literally...he was 5lbs. 6oz) treasure in the midst of such terrible circumstances. Comgratulations Kramer's!
Also, a big shout out to Benji parents for coming all the way to Dallas to watch Caroline while we went to Tn. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Caroline can now perfectly say Nonnie and Papa. She had a blast and we are so thankful.
There are more pictures in the photo album...we hope all is well...

2 comments:
You made an incredible sacrifice coming all the way to Tennessee to support Hayden's family and the youth. I think that alone is a testament to what incredible people you both are. We are blessed to have you as friends!
On a related note, my couch has been a bit wobbly since you've left. Benji, do you have something to tell me?? :)
You guys just don't know how much we loved seeing you...I just wish I could have had some real time with you both. I was so jealous that Derek got to come home with you on Fri. night.:( And Rebekah, it meant so much to me that you came all the way back to the hospital on Sat. just to spend a little more time and then had to drive all the way back to the 'Boro!! We really do miss you guys so much...it was great as always to laugh with you guys...even during 3 min. contractions:) Hahaha!! We love you both!
Post a Comment