Sunday, August 3, 2008

Free Furniture

I am so excited that I just had to post this! The other day we were driving through our neighborhood and we saw this piece of furniture out on the curb in front of a house with a sign on it that said "FREE". I immediately told Benji to turn the car around. I got out to inspect it to make sure it wasn't just junk. It was PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL. We had Caroline and John Randall in the back seat so there was no way it would fit into our car so I went and knocked on the door to ask the owner if he would hold it for us. He was so nice and he and his son waited for us to take the kiddos home and then Benji went back to get it.

It turns out that it was a family piece that he received from his aunt when she was 98 years old. He said the piece is probably about 100 years old. It is in great condition and has all its original hardware and wood panels. I am soooo excited. I think we are going to use it as Caroline's changing table for the time being. We technically don't have room for it but it was too great of a deal to pass up!

2 comments:

Karen said...

If I didn't love you so much, I would really not like you!:):) You are like the queen of finding things like this! Why doesn't this ever happen to me??

It is beautiful! Why in the world were they just tossing a family piece?

Congrats on the find girly...I sure wouldn't have passed it up either regardless of not having the space.

jwm said...

you need to visit the antiques roadshow if they ever come into town :)

i'll be calling you soon to see if hudson can come over to play w/ caroline again. i'm hanging in there and will hopefully come out to play sometime soon, too :)