Friday, June 12, 2009

5 Years


Yesterday Benji and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. I can't believe that we have been married for 5 years. Wow! We celebrated by going to a restaurant called Texas de Brazil. It is a Brazillian steak house where they have these guys that come around with all sorts of meat...fliet mignon, flank steak, sirloin, chicken, sausage, lamb and list goes on and on. They will serve you meat until you tell them to stop. If you know Benji you will know that this was like a small piece of heaven for him. I have never seen him eat so much meat in my entire life. We were at the restaurant for an hour and a half and Benji ate the whole time. We got there are 7:05 the meat started coming at 7:06 and we left at 8:30. That's probably why Benji had to eat 8 Tums before going to bed last night.

The past 5 years have been full and the Lord has so richly blessed our marriage. I am thankful that He gave me Benji. Looking forward to the many years ahead.

6 comments:

GA said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. It truly is hard to believe it's been 5 years! May the Lord continue to bless you in your marriage. Lots of love to both of you (and Caroline)!

Karen said...

you are so beautiful Rebekah!...the word that came to mind when I saw you in this picture is "radiant."

it so does NOT surprise me that Benji ate that much meat!! I am shocked actually that you only stayed for an hour and a half...how did you drag him away??:)

we need to catch up...I'll call this weekend...love you so much!!!

Happy 5th to one of my very favorite couples in the whole world!!!!!

Ginny said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary!!!!!! That means mine is only 3 weeks away! I'd better get Kevin something soon! I remember being there at the church when you all got married and I'm so glad we're still dear friends. I love you!

Ginny said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy anniversary!!!!!! That means mine is only 3 weeks away! I'd better get Kevin something soon! I remember being there at the church when you all got married and I'm so glad we're still dear friends. I love you!

Alicia Beth said...

what a sweet godly couple !! Congrats :)

Katie said...

I can't believe it has been five years. Congratulations! Truly an accomplishment. We are still looking for cheap flights to come to Dallas in August. I will keep you posted.
Katie