It has been 6 months since Gracie died. Some how it feels as if it was both yesterday and a decade ago. The Lord has been so good to begin healing our hearts as we still greive and miss her so much. We have asked for healing and He has so graciously given it to us. However just because healing has begun does not mean the hurt has dissappeared. For us, healing is recognizing that a little part of us will always hurt. Our grief has become a small part of our identity and we are okay with that.
The Lord has used time, tears, and sweet baby Charlie as means of showing Benji and me and that we were ready to begin trying again. As I sit and type, I am 8 weeks pregnant! The Lord has blessed us with a third child and we are so desperately praying for the health of this new life. Even though there is fear we are trying not to let that over shadow the joy that we have with this new little one. We are resting in His soverignty and are trusting that no matter what the outcome we know that He will always be faithful to sustain us and walk with us through whatever He has ordained.
Our first doctor's visit was last Thursday. As of now, everything looks great and the baby seems healthy. We are thankful that the visit went well. We would love your prayers for this sweet little life within me. 
23 comments:
Congrats on your pregnancy and I will be praying for you during this exciting time in your lives!!!
Congrats!!! What wonderful news!!!! We will be praying for this dear little growing life!
That is so great!! Congrats!
Congrats! I am so excited for yall!
That is soo great to hear. Congrats! You and Benji have still been in our prayers as you continue to heal and we will definitely be praying for you through the new journey!
Benji & Rebekah, I got so excited when I read the news! I am praying for you and for this sweet little baby!
-jenny
YAY!!! We are so happy for you. We will keep you in our prayers!
Rebekah---I knew it!!!!!!!!! I told Kelly last week that I just had feeling that you were expecting. Sending so much love and prayers for a healthy pregnancy! We still need to play by the way... feeling okay with pregnancy symtoms?
rejoicing with you as always and praying for this little life daily. love you dearly sweet friend. can't wait to see you SOOOOON!!!!!!! :)
Rebekah!!!!! Thats great news...I will def pray for you and Benji and the for a healthy, beautiful baby!!!! Congrats!!!!
I guess I needed to tell you who wrote that...haha...Congrats again!!!!
Andy
I am so happy for you. Congrats to your sweet family. You and your little peanut will be in my prayers.
So, so happy for you! What a wonderful gift. You and the little one will be in our prayers. Since we already have Caroline and Walton's marriage arranged, maybe we can make something work with our next two :)! Love you guys!
~Sarah B.~
So happy to hear your news! We'll be praying for your sweet family!
~ Rebekah Bailey
Congratulations...you do not know us but our family has been praying for your family. Our 5th child was a precious little girl, Lily, who was born with Trisomy 13. We well know your heartache & fears...1 year & 2 days after she was born, the Lord blessed us with our healthy son Levi. We will continue to pray for your family & for this new little life the Lord has blessed you with. Blessings..
Hi,
I have been checking in our you guys from time to time to see how you were....CONGRATS on your pregnancy. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and keep us posted along the way...continued prayers for you and your family. Blessings to you from...
A stranger in NC,
Heather
So excited for yall!!! Your mom told my mom and she called us. Ya'll are in our prayers daily. Keep us posted. Hope to visit next time you are in TN.
Wonderful news!!!!! So excited for you all. I really hope we can see you all soon so I can give you a big hug in person.
So excited for you all! Definitely in our prayers always!
What great news!!! Please allow me to add yet another congrats to your collection here.
By the way, do you guys still live in Dallas? I have not seen your face or heard your voice in such a very long time. I though maybe you took off without saying good-bye. If so, I hope everything turns out wonderfully with your growing family! God bless you all!
~LeEtta
praise God from whom ALL blessing flow...will be praying for that sweet little one. cant wait to hear the updates! miss seeing yall
caroline hogan
Congratulations, Rebekah! That's fantastic news. :) You both will definitely be in our prayers. :)
was just thinking today about how excited I am about this little one!...praying that you feel well today! I love you dearly!
Post a Comment