I know I've said it before but Caroline LOVES her "Jur-Jur". My eyes just tear up everytime I think about us moving away from them. Caroline and John Randall have just done so much together. They have literally been together since the day they were born. They see each other at least 3 times a week. They have just experienced sooo many things together. Caroline always ask to see him and Charlie. She knows that we are moving and I've been trying to prep her for the fact that Jur Jur will not be living 'down the road' anymore and that we won't get to see him very much. She doesn't fully understand what that means and my heart just breaks for her because I know she is going to miss him sooo much. I know the Lord will give her many new friends where we are moving to but she just has a special bond with Jur Jur and it just won't be the same.
Moving with a kid is so hard. I have learned to accept change and I know that it is innevitable but a big part of me is sad to be leaving behind such a big part of Caroline's life. This is where she was born. This is the only home she's known and now that is all about to change. I'm sure she will do fine with the move and it's probably me being more sentimental.
Well that's enough of my debbie downer moment....
Caroline has been asking me and Benji what our names are. She is still calling me mommy but she is frequently calling Benji by his name. The other day we were playing and Benji came into the room and she said, "Benji, get me my water?"(She's very demanding these days!) I didn't think the 'name' calling was suppose to happen until middle school.
3 comments:
Heartbreaking.
The child life specialist Julie wants to reassure you that Caroline will adjust so quickly--- kids are so amazingly resilient. But the friend Julie wants you to know how much you will be missed!
On another note, Daddy has been "Kelly" off and on for awhile now. I am rarely "Julie". For awhile our cat was "Mommy". Oooohh independence.
AIden calls me, my husband, my mom, and my dad all by our first names. He thinks it's funny, I don't at all, but he's heard other people say it so much he would prefer call all of us our names.
Tell Benji not to feel too badly. What name is constantly on Walton's lips these days? "Gigi" (our brown pug). Ah well..... :)
~Sarah B.~
Post a Comment