Friday, April 13, 2007

Life with Caroline




Much to our surprise, Caroline decided to make her debut early. I was really planning on her coming past my due date because I had not had much dialation or effacing. However, last Saturday night around 11:45 my water broke. I was lying in bed when I quickly realized what had happened. Benji and I nervously laughed and giggled and then frantically started gathering our things for the hospital. Luckily, my mother was there to help too.




We arrived at the hospital around midnight, filled out all the necessary paper work, and then were admitted to a labor room. I was not having contractions at this time but they quickly began to come. From about midnight until 6 am I was having lite contractions but since I was not dialting as quickly as the doctor would have liked, they started me on a medication that would speed up the dialtion process. I must say that this was very painful. This began around 6 and I did not get an epidural until 8. After the epidural everything was great. (I highly recommend epidurals!) Around 11:30 the doctor said it was time to push. Then, at 1:35 our sweet,precious Carloine was born.




Life at home has been good. We are trying to get into a routine and Caroline is making that very easy for us. We feel so blessed that she is such a good baby. She hardly ever cries. We have to wake her to eat and when it's time for her to go back to sleep we can put her in her crib while she's awake and she will just quietly drift off to sleep. It's amazing! Benji and I just hope she stays this way.All in all, she is so much fun.




As we watch Caroline, we are reminded of how good God is, how He gave us this precious little girl that we were not expecting. Now, as I watch her sleep I cannot imagine life any differently.




We have added more pictures to the photo album. We will add more video later. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.




0 comments: