Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Many Faces of Caroline



Every day is getting better and better. Exhaustion is slowly wearing off, however, it is not fully gone. I figure until Caroline starts sleeping through the night, I will continue to feel a tinge of sleepiness. But, however tired I might be, it is totally worth it when I look at her sweet precious face.

I find myself a little more emotional lately. Those of you who know me are probably wondering if that is possible. Just looking at our sweet little girl makes me tear up. I think about how God has blessed us with her birth. I try to understand how it is possible to love her so much when we really don't even know anything about her. As Benji and I talked the other night we feel that we have come to a somewhat better understanding of Christ's love for us. We always say the He's our Heavenly Father or that we are his adopted children. That nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, but yet I have fully come to the understanding of what that truely means. Until now.

Eventhough I dare to compare our love for Caroline to Christ's love for us, I am comforted by the fact that He is perfect and that His love is pure. For with as much love as we have for Caroline, we know that the love of Christ is far much greater.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Seriously...I could eat her up!! It is an amazing thing to know the love of the Father more and more through the eyes of your child...well said Rebekah!