The past couple of weeks have been so fun. Caroline is really starting to become aware of her surroundings. When we hold her she'll hold her little head up and just stare at us. She is also starting to 'ooohh' and 'ahhhh'. It is so cute. It's kind of like she's talking to us. Last night she smiled at me. I had her on my lap and I kept lifting her up because she has gotten to where she likes to push up with her legs. On one of the many times I lifted her up, she just grinned from ear to ear. My heart leaped! It is so fun to see her personality more and more each day.
Not only have the past few weeks been fun, but they have also been full of first. Here are a couple of firsts for the Baker family.
1. Caroline took her first bottle. She took it like a champ. She could care less that it wasn't
me. Once Benji put the bottle in her mouth she just went to town and just stared at me
through the whole thing. She finished the bottle in about 10 minutes and when she was
she was put in a deep milk drunk coma. 
2. Caroline had her first visit from Uncle Daniel and his girlfriend Mallory. It was so fun to

2. Caroline had her first visit from Uncle Daniel and his girlfriend Mallory. It was so fun to
have them here in Dallas. I am so glad that Caroline has an Uncle that loves her so
much. Thank you for taking the time to come visit. It was a joy and Caroline liked it
too:)

3. I, Rebekah, passed my first kidney stone. Last Tuesday I laid down after lunch and
when I sat up I had a a shooting pain in my back where the kidneys are. I thought that
maybe I had just laid on my back wrong, but the pain got increasingly worse. After about
an hour I was in so much pain that Benji decided to take me to the ER. That in itself is a
whole other story. We went to the hospital that was closest to us and I was sure that if
the pain didn't kill me some infection acquired at the hospital would. Note to self: Random
needle laying on the floor next to the bio hazard bin is a good sign that cleanliness is not
one of their strong points.
4. Benji and I had our first date since Caroline was born. Debbie came into town so we
thought we would take advantage of a night out. Benji took me to an awesome sushi
restaurant here in Dallas. It was super yummy and lots of fun. We had such a great time
talking and laughing. It was so nice just to focus on each other for those few hours.
5. I celebrated my first Mother's Day. Yeah for me!!!
So as you can see, we have been busy these past couple of weeks but it has been a blast. There are more pictures in the photo album so take a look. We are looking forward to coming to J-town in a couple of weeks. We can't wait to see most of you guys. Hope all is well!
talking and laughing. It was so nice just to focus on each other for those few hours.
5. I celebrated my first Mother's Day. Yeah for me!!!
So as you can see, we have been busy these past couple of weeks but it has been a blast. There are more pictures in the photo album so take a look. We are looking forward to coming to J-town in a couple of weeks. We can't wait to see most of you guys. Hope all is well!
3 comments:
Yay! What Fun...well, except for the Kidney stone! I feel your pain, literally, on the stone and the scary hospital experience! No wonder it took you a while to post...you guys have been busy!!! We can't wait to see you!
just looked at the photo album...I'm dying! She is so sweet. And Bek, you look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! You are glowing and are so beautiful in every pic! Hot Momma!!!!
Ok girl, the bloomers are so stinkin' cute!!!!(No pun intended) I just love 'em. I agree with Karen, you look beautiful and full of JOY!
Post a Comment