A few weeks ago Benji's parents came into town to watch Caroline so Benji and I could go camping. We love to camp so we were looking forward to the weekend. We just needed to get away from it all. The Lord blessed us with such a sweet time. We were able to talk, cry, laugh, cry some more, and pray together. We went to the Witchita Mountains in Oklahoma and it was beautiful. It was a free range refuge so there were prarie dogs, wild bison, elk, and longhorns roaming all over the place. It was so neat! Thanks Papa Rex and Nonnie for giving us a break!


Once we got back my mother was in town for the whole week. She was such a great help with Caroline and even around the house. She changed diapers, washed dishes, and gave me many foot rubs...Thanks so much!
After my mother left town, a dear sweet friend came into town for a whole week. Bear is such an amazing person and can make us laugh at the drop of hat. He is hysterical so he provided some much needed comic relief. Thanks for visiting ..we loved it!
While Bear was here Caroline got very sick. She was running a terrible fever. Anytime she runs fever we put her in the bed with us because back in Feb. she had a small seizure(30 seconds). So we had her in the bed with us and she started having a seizure. It lasted for about two minutes. Benji and I were totally freaking out. We ended up calling 911 because after her seizure she passed out and we couldn't quite tell if she was breathing. The paramedics came and checked her out. Her vitals were fine so we just kept a close watch on her the rest of the night. We didn't get much sleep! The next day we took her to the doctor and it turned out she had crupe...yuck! But, she is all better now..praise the Lord! We are realizing more and more that good health is truely a blessing from the Lord and how quickly life can change. We are so thankful that he spared Caroline from any harm.
This past week Benji's parents and brother came into town for Thanksgiving. It was so fun to have them here and Caroline really enjoyed them. We had a delicious meal with Jada, Chad, and John Randall. Our dear, sweet friends Jacob and Mandy and their sons Christian and Issac came and stayed with us for a night too. We ahdn't seen them since July so it was good to spend some time with them and their precious boys! We went to a Christmas tree lighting in Highland Park. I think everyone had a good time and it was a great way to kick off the Christmas season.

Caroline's hair when she woke up one morning. This called for a lot of detangler!




On Sunday night we went and got a Christmas tree. Caroline was semi interested in decorating the tree. I think she'll be more excited about it next year.
This was Caroline's contribution to decorating the tree!

Now she's getting into the Christmas spirit!
We have another ultrasound for Gracie on Friday at 3:30. Please pray for our visit. I have not been feeling her kick as much lately. I just hope it's because I've been a lot more active. Please pray for protection for Gracie and as always, please pray that God will completely heal our sweet little girl.
6 comments:
I'm praying for your family.
Bek, you look beautiful! I love the new pics. Thanks for sharing. I love you and I'm praying for you.
hahaha!!!...Caroline's hair is so awesome...now add ridiculous curls to that and FEEL my pain!:) I don't even bother buying detangler anymore. I have to make my own with about twice the conditioner that wuld be in the store brand...yikes!
I am so glad that you and Benji had time away together...looks like an amazing trip! And I agree with GA...you look beautiful Bek!...Benj, you're pretty hot too!:)
...and may I just add that I love that Caroline still sucks on her fingers like that...so stinkin' precious!!
SO FUN! It looks like you guys had an amazing time on your camping trip. I would not have had fun :) but that's awesome that you all share your love of hiking, etc. My favorite picture is of you "kissing" the buffalo! I swear, Caroline gets cuter every time I see new pictures! Love you!!!
Dear Benji and Rebekah,
My sister, who happens to have taught both of you in the 6th grade, told me about the situation in your pregnancy with Gracie. I have read the postings in your blog and am so very touched by the faith and trust that both of you are showing in this most difficult time. We at North Oaks Baptist Church (Houston,TX) are praying for the four of you. Our entire church has been moved and touched by little Gracie's story.
Both of you are friends with my dear nieces and nephew (Ellen, Katie, and Andrew). Mrs. Penny speaks so highly of you both, and is very concerned for Gracie. We all pray as you have asked, and like you, have put Gracie in God's hands. I am sorry to hear of the latest development and we pray harder for you all.
If Gracie does go to be with our Lord we are promised that she will be whole and perfect in His presence. I can imagine the reunion you'll have one day in heaven. When you tell her how much you loved her, she will say "I know, Mommie. Jesus has already told me."
Our hearts and minds are with you. Thank you both for sharing your little Gracie with us. And thank you for a demonstration of faith that strengthens us all.
In Christ...Bill Radford (Mrs. Penny's brother)
Post a Comment