Thursday, January 29, 2009

Roller Coaster

We had another ultrasound on Tuesday for Gracie. She again had gained another pound so she is now 2lbs. 14oz. Her growth is good but is still lacking. If you were to put her in a percentile for her weight she would be in the 11% percentile. The doc said that everything else with Gracie (physically) looked good......except....he could tell that she is having a hard time pushing the blood back out of the umbilical cord so the blood flow is beginning to slow down. He also said that the amnitoic fluid is low. Usually they like to see the fluid anywhere from 5-25 cm with a 15 being the average. My amnitoic fluid is at 2.7cm. Because of the low fluid level, the likelyhood of her rolling over on her cord, cutting off the blood supply, and ultimately dying are a lot higher. Because of the lack of fluid, there would be nothing there to help her roll back off the cord like a 'normal' baby would. So, now we start going for ultrasounds weekly so we can monitor her a little more closely. The doc said that if I didn't feel movements for even a day that I needed to come in. A sweet friend has lent me a heart monitor so now Benji and I can check for her heartbeat each night. We used it last night for the first time and it was precious. It was a strong 147. We are so blessed to have it....not just to make sure she's still alive, but to also savor the sweet precious sound!





Caroline is a gift from God. Not just for the obvious reasons but also for comic relief. She makes me laugh daily which serves as much needed therapy. The other day Benji and I put Caroline in her room for time out. I don't really think she got the jist of what we were trying to accomplish. Instead, she created a fun game to play all by herself....it's called 'Shoving all my books under the door' We were cracking up! Hope you enjoy the video!
(to hear the video, just scroll down and turn the music off at the bottom of the blog)

7 comments:

Ginny said...

It was soo good to talk to you yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to continue to let me be part of this journey with you. I love you!

The video is HILARIOUS! Caroline is such a joy and I'm so thankful you all have her to bring so much laughter to you.

We'll talk soon...

Karen said...

I am laughing so hard...I really love whatever it is she is saying as she is shoving the books under the door....hahaha!!!

So, Yeah...good luck with that time out thing! Ahhhh....stubborn little independent girls...like you said so perfectly, they are comic relief!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that video. Precious!
Know that we're still praying for y'all.
Much love,
Lesley

Laurie in Ca. said...

The video is a crack up and so inventive! Toddlers are such a blessing and I am so glad she is able to keep you smiling during this difficult time. My prayers continue for you and for precious Gracie. May every day you spend with her be a blessing.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anonymous said...

great video..i can hear you and benji cracking up in the background...she is soo sweet!!! Isnt it funny how we can find such humor in the little things that they do...will allen and emma always make me laugh...esp emma now days..ofcourse, like will allen, I am her most favorite person in the world right now..They say she asked about me each and everyday!!! It warms my heart knowing that sweet sweet baby loves me soo much at 2 years old!!! The best part...I dont have to do a thing to earn her love...She just loves me for who I am...well, and the fact that i refuse to put her down when i am with her, play with her nonstop, and kiss her as many times as i can until she starts laughing and says...." stop it bubba...stop it" all the while giggling!!! Man, I love it when she says that!!!

Andy

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...great video!!! i started rambling there and then i got lost thinking about Emma..hahaha...

Andy

Anonymous said...

The video is too cute!! That is something that Rebekah would have done I am sure as a little girl! She is precious!!