We got back home to Texas late Monday evening. Tuesday was hard. It was our first day back in our home and I wanted so badly for Gracie to be here with us. I want to be exhausted from sleepless nights. I want to be worrying about when she'll take a nap and when she'll eat next. Ultimately, I just want Gracie. We miss her so much and it feels that a part of my heart is missing. Something about me just doesn't feel quite the same and I am pretty certain that it never will.
It is strange how life just keeps moving and your forced to move right along with it. As I looked at some pictures of Gracie the other night, I couldn't help but wonder if all of this has been a dream. Just two short weeks ago I was still pregnant with Gracie. So much has changed in these two weeks. Part of us wishes we could just stay frozen on the day of Gracie's funeral. We felt that her funeral was such a beautiful story of her life and of God's faithfulness to us. On that day, we got to remember and re-live our time with Gracie. We got to focus on her. Now that we are back at home we don't have that freedom. Sure, at night Benji and I get to talk about her as we laugh and cry. But, in the day to day buzz we get distracted. Distraction can be good but it also leads to fear. Will I forget all the little details that I cherished so much when I was with her? Will time take away the remembrance of her sweet smell? Will time slowly whittle away what I am so desperately trying to remember?
Please conintue to pray for us. This is when it gets hard........ when we're back at home living life. Pray for God's mercies to be new each morning, pray for the removal of fear, and pray for the healing of our hearts.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Back at Home
Posted by Rebekah Baker at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Rebekah and Benji,
I continue to pray for you both. You have such sweet memories of the time you had with Gracie, the months you carried her, and the sweet service where you testified of your unfailing love and faithfulness to our Lord.
Hang on to each other and to the Lord during the days ahead - He will see you through.
I love you both,
Regina
Praying for you both during this hardest of times and asking God to carry you gently. This is all so new and I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers daily.
Love and Hugs, Laurie
My heart hurts for you :( I pray for your family every night..and will continue.
Oh yes, Gracie's funeral was such a beautiful story of her life and God's faithfulness to you. It was also a beautiful picture of your deep faith in God. I know that you will always cherish those sweet moments when you felt Gracie move and then the precious time you had with her--holding her and loving on her. Time will heal your hearts. In the meantime, hold on to the truth that the joy of the Lord is your strength. He will meet your needs each day--one day at a time. I love you and I'm praying for you!
Still praying for God's comfort for you and your family. Gracie's life did matter and will continue to touch lives. Thank you for shining God's light in this dark world.
Dearest Baker Family,
How beautiful is your sweet Gracie!
While we can't fully comprehend the depth of your sorrow, we are grateful that you know the One who does. The amazing strength you've shared during this time in your lives is a testament to your great faith in our unfailing God. 2 Tim.1:7 is a promise and comfort we cling to at our house. We're thanking our Lord for removing any spirit of fear, and giving you His power, love, and sound mind. Hope it helps in some way to know how much others are caring and praying for all of you. We contine to pray for your peace and healing. Thank you for sharing your sweet girls with us. They are indeed incredible! :)
In His Peace,
The Bonds
one...minute....second at a time, you will make it with His "Grace". What a perfect name for your princess. A princess she is, whole and healed. I think of you often even though we've never met and pray for you guys as you learn to live with part of your heart missing. thanks also for the reminder to treasure the late nights, nap time schedules and worry us Moms are gifted with. I bet her funeral was amazing. I'm so glad you have great memories to cling too.
With Love, Jen, Tennessee
We are lifting you up in prayer. We love ya'll.
~Bill & Sarah~
Benji & Rebekah,
Gracie's funeral was such an awesome celebration of her sweet life and a true testimony of your faithfullness to our LORD. You are continually in my prayers as you try to get back to your lives in Dallas.
Love & Prayers,
Teresa Bledsoe Kee
Hey,
Dont you worry about forgetting the sweet little memories that you two have with sweet Gracie...You will have those in your heart forever...Of course, you know that the days to come will be hard...And you know that everyday it will get a little easier and easier to get back to the way things were...
Just remember that things will never be the way they used to be.And i dont think we will want them to be!!!.You will always have those sweet little memories of Gracie and the time you had w her...Not to mention all the many things that God taught you and Benji through this will now and forever change your lives...
So dont worry about forgetting Gracie..Dont worry about getting back to normal and living your lives...Dont worry about these things...Cause Gracie is always with you and the many lessons and "miracles" that God worked through You, Benji, Caroline, and sweet Gracie will live on in every forever!!!!
We love you guys and are still praying daily for you.
Love
Andy
rebekah and benji,
i haven't talked to you in a long long time, but my mom was telling me about gracie before she passed away and i can't even put into words...
i have no idea what you are going through, but i have thought and prayed for you a lot lately. i know that God is sovereign, and sometimes, that's the only thing that we can cling to. you will remember those things about her. no other child will ever replace her, and she will always be your's. and you will be able to see her again. my husband and i will continue to pray.
"may the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make His face to shine upon you, may He lift up your countenance, and give you peace"
janie myatt williams
Post a Comment