Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gracie's Funeral

We would like to invite any friends and family that have joined us on this journey to join us again as we give thanks for Gracie's life, worship the God who created her, and rejoice in the promise of the gospel which is an eternity spent with God.
The funeral will be:
Thursday, February 12 at 3:30 p.m.
Antioch Baptist Church
425 Antioch Rd
Humboldt, TN 38343
A reception will be held at the church after the funeral and burial
Flowers can be sent to Arrington Funeral Home in Jackson, TN
or
Donations can be made in lew of flowers to
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
This organization offers professional photography to families who have lost a child during birth or shortly after. Their services are free to the families. You can find more information at

22 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

I will be with you on Thursday in spirit to celebrate sweet Gracie's life. Her life has such purpose and I know that it will continue to glorify our God who created her. She has touched my heart. My prayers continue for you as you prepare for Thursday. Asking God to help you through and carry you until you can catch your breath, and draw your family closer together than ever before.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Unknown said...

Rebekah and Benji,
The pictures of you guys and Gracie are so sweet. I am glad that you were able to have time with your baby. I will continue praying for your family. You have been so brave and strong through this journey. You have been such a witness of relying on our Heavenly Father through this difficult time. May he strengthen you as you rise up from this loss and heartache.
Love,
Velma Landrum

Andrea Hale said...

The pictures of you guys and sweet Gracie are precious. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now...it breaks my heart. Your faith in God through this time is truly an inspiration. Your family will be in my prayers.

Andrea Hale

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your lives with us. Your testimony has spoken volumes to me as I witness God's unmistakeable hand in the journey.

Love,
Joanna

Anonymous said...

The pictures of you guys are so sweet with Gracie. My heart is so heavy burdened for you. I've been where you guys are today. I had to face this same situation 6 yrs. ago. But it was by the grace of GOD that I made it through. Nothing is ever easy, but if you will keep your faith and trust in HIM he will see you through it all. My thoughts and prayers are with you both & your families.

Love,
Tamala Pincheon

Ben Jones said...

Gracie is in the Kingdom of the Lord God Almighty! It is our hope and promise that we will join her one day. May the Lord Jesus Christ comfort and strengthen you during this time. You are faith builders, and your testimony will bring others to the Lord! My heart is deeply saddened by your loss. I have full faith that the Lord of All Creation has his hand in this. I cannot yet see his purpose... but I know He will turn this for His Glory... and our peace and joy! I love you and your family... and I am praying for you...

Your friend (in love and prayer)...

Ben Jones

The Brogdon's said...

I saw a link to your blog on Nathan and Meg Moore's blog. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I work in the NICU at Centennial in Nashville as an NNP. I do not fully know the emotions and experiences you all are having dealing with Gracie's diagnosis and now passing but do want you to realize how precious her life was as you well know. Children are a blessing even in their passing. I have had several babies at my hospital that I have become very attached to and have lost them due to various reasons. Even in her passing, you have been blessed by God to get to see her sweet face. I hope this can be of some comfort to you and be Joyful! WE WILL SEE HER ONE DAY, WHOLE! much prayers, Elizabeth Matthews Brogdon UU alum '01

Anonymous said...

Dear Baker Family,

We're still diligently praying for all of you. Today's leading was prayer for your physical healing, health, and strength. Our hearts are so very sad. We hope you feel all the love that's being sent your way.

In Jesus' love,
The Bonds

Katie said...

Keeping your sweet family in my prayers, daily. The pictures are all so very precious.

Anonymous said...

Benji and Rebekah,
Although we are going out of town and I won't be able to come to the memorial service for Gracie, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today and for many day to come. You are precious to me and I love you both.
Lesley

Heather said...

I am Holly Jones' sister, Heather. I heard of your trials through Holly and Jonathan's prayer requests. I can only offer my prayers and sympathy during this time of deep loss. The Lord is our rock and our strength, and I pray that you find comfort under His wings of protection and healing. You will continue to be on my heart as you cope and deal with life now without your sweet Gracie, but knowing that she is with her Maker.

Anonymous said...

Rebekah (Mrs. Baker :-)),
Sweet Gracie is beautiful! I just wanted to tell you that I have admired you and how the Lord is carrying you through this beautifully! Your faith in the Lord is so evident and is beautifully displayed for all to see. Our hearts are heavy for you today. Praying for a beautiful celebration for your family and sweet Gracie's life! May you be richly blessed and feel His presence as you celebrate God's beautiful creation. Your CDA family loves you!

mandy said...

our family is praying for you today as you bury your precious baby girl. we pray for God's peace in the sadness and for His healing in the months ahead.

Gracie's pictures are beautiful. thank you for sharing God's workmanship with us.

"'I am wonderfully made'; that word ruchampti is rich in meaning. The vulgate renders it, 'painted as with a needle,'" (from John Flavel's The Mystery of Providence).

O, the skillful workmanship of Gracie's creator!

to God be the glory.
mandy newman

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you today and the days ahead. May God give you peace and wrap His loving arms around you.

Love you!
Hayley Maples Clagg

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and thinking about you today. I heard about you through Angie @ Bring the Rain.

I had a stillbirth in 2001. I am praying that God will fill your empty arms with His love and the love of others. If you are ever interested in some amazing books... let me know.

Prayers from Washington,
Maureen

Crazy May Days said...

Praying for what I know in my heart was a very hard day. Little Baker prayers have been a part of every routine movement today...even while I was brushing my teeth. We wish so badly that we could have been there today in Tennessee. Please know that we walk this path with you offering all our love and support.

The May family

Matt, Kristi, Alli, and Julie said...

Rebekah,
I used to read your blog all the time, but hadn't been to it in probably ten months. The lord led me here last Saturday and I sat and read, cried, and prayed. Please know that my thoughts have been with you this past week.
Much love,
Kristi Crafton Crass

Tristan said...

Continuing to lift you up in prayers everday.

Kelli said...

Praying for God's peace to comfort your beautiful, sweet family.

Tristan said...

Just dropping in to say I am still praying for you...and praying the Lord heals your heart more everyday.

Anonymous said...

I can not begin to imagine the grief that you two have faced. But you have faced it with grace and understanding that would escape most people. Your writing moves me each time I read an entry. I feel blessed that God allowed me to know you Benji. You are a wonderful example of Christ. Gracie is such a fitting name for your sweet baby girl because you have revealed to all of us the Grace of our God.

Stephanie Hammond

Anonymous said...

I know you do not know me, but I am a friend of Jean Bledsoe's. I have "been with you" through all of this. First of all, you have a wonderful gift of words, please consider writing a book, or an article and please consider sharing it.
I "lost" my son May 15, 1973 and I will assure you that you will not forget anything about Gracie. You will even remember the smell in the air, long after everyone else forgets. It says in the Bible that Mary took "all of these things and pondered them in her heart". That is where you will also take "all of these things". Your heart will bring a joy, a memory, a smile, a tear...when you least expect it. When you are a grandmother...those memories will be even more real then than they are today. God is funny about things like that and He knew that Mommas need a place to keep her "pondered things". Yours (and mine) will be more and more special with time...until we hold our baby again!
May God touch you and your family in a way that He has never touched you before.
Love In Christ,
Cissy Flew Nichols